A winning design
Comfortable and delicate. Nothing’s impossible with us. As evidence: Our MODENA box spring bed! Vertical decorative stitching, all-round piping and a seamlessly integrated headboard with ultra-comfortable back support emanate sophisticated elegance and wow factor for design aficionados. MODENA also won the jury of the German Design Council over and was presented with the “Iconic Award 2021”. MODENA is paving the way when it comes to sleeping comfort too, as the box spring ELX base and the AIRVent ventilation system means there’s nothing to stop you setting up your own cosy cinema.
- AIRVent box spring ventilation for an improved sleeping environment
- Bed with ELX box spring base
- Filigree shape with removable bed side cover
- Winner of the Iconic Award 2021
Design by Sylvia Himmel
Product and object design are her strengths – Sylvia Himmel has already made a name for herself beyond the borders of Germany. Since November 2012, she is the new Chief Designer at RUF, where she creates new trends every day. She is also responsible for the BettenRUF exhibition and trade fair arrangement, and advises the BettenRUF furniture stores in their space planning. Betten
Fabrics, Dimensions, Mattresses, and more
We cater for your size.
Your new MODENA box spring bed is available in two widths and two lengths. We are confident that you will find the perfect dimensions for you and your bedroom. For the width, you can choose from 160, 180, and 200 cm; your length options are 200 and 210 cm.
With our triple sleeping comfort you are right on track.
- For the immersion level, select a box spring mattress. All RUF box spring mattresses are barrel pocket spring core mattress offered in two or three firmness levels. In addition, almost all of these mattresses are also available with fabric cover. Betten
- The redistribution level is a 7-zone barrel pocket spring core with a breathable non-woven cover that absorbs and distributes your body pressure evenly. Another extra from RUF: Velcro and slip-resistant nubs on the surface of this pressure distribution level, as well as adhesive stretch velour on the bottom of the BettenRUF box spring mattress securely keep your mattress in place, even when using the fully-automated adjustment. Betten
- The support level consists of a base with integrated springs which supports the system from below, finished with an air-permeable Lutrasil fabric. The seating height is variable with two leg height options, offering practical ground clearance for easy floor cleaning, as well as optimal comfort when getting or out of bed.
So your bed atmosphere doesn’t struggle for air.
The unique AIRVent system achieves an optimal temperature and humidity balance. While the spring cores are naturally air-permeable, special holes in the foam components and millings in the base plate ensure continuous air circulation. And there’s more: The ELX box spring offers two ground clearance options with 15 or 20 cm legs. This offers additional support for maximal ventilation of the box spring bed. And that guarantees a fresh bed atmosphere – all around the clock.
Quality sets the tone – Seals of approval
MADE IN GERMANY
This product is beeing developed and manufactured in Germany. This is what the “Furniture Made in Germany” mark of origin stands for. This special quality label is awarded by the Association of the German Furniture Industry after thorough and strict testing. The high requirements are checked regularly. RUF gives you the security and a reliable orientation for choosing a quality product from Germany. Betten
Climate pact for the furniture industry
Companies are being called upon more than ever before to accept responsibility and show commitment in these times of climate change. RUF contributes to reducing global carbon emissions through its activities and is committed to the United Nations’ 1.5 °C climate target. Our certification as a carbon neutral manufacturer by the Gütegemeinschaft Möbel (German Association for Furniture Quality) gives you the assurance that the wellbeing of future generations and the preservation of a liveable world are key considerations for every product we make. Betten
Original DGM Boxspring
In order to better navigate the jungle of box spring beds and providers, the DGM has introduced a quality label, which is only given to manufacturers, whose box spring beds have been carefully scrutinized meeting the strict requirements of the DGM. RUF can be proud of this label since all box spring beds have been tested, certified and fully comply with the quality requirements of the DGM. Betten
OEKO-TEX Standard 100
This seal is your guarantee that: all mattress covers from RUF are tested for harmful substances in accordance with the ÖkoTex Standard 100 and have been awarded seal for textile confidence. Betten
The Deutsche Gütegemeinschaft Möbel e.V. (German Quality Furniture Association – DGM) is committed to safety and health, and awards the “Golden M” as a sign that furniture meets the high requirements of the DGM for durable, environmentally friendly and healthy quality furniture. RUF has been a member of the DGM (German Association for Quality Furniture) since 1973. Our beds all meet the increasingly stringent standards on durability, safety and most importantly, health and the environment. Betten